The whole school priorities are listed below. Through our work in addressing these, the school will focus on:
- Embedding the provision for reading, so children are able to confidently access the entire curriculum and successfully transition to the next stage of the educational career.
- Ensuring that the Wider Curriculum is refined so it reflects the community and local area, with Trips, Visits and Experiences that are fully funded by the school.
- Equipping teachers with the skills that develops children's oral ability, so they are able to access and articulate their learning as well as forming links between subjects and curriculum content.
- Continue to forge close and effective links with the community. This will include expanding after-school clubs, links with the Church and parent and family workshop, including our very own St Mark's Playgroup for children aged 0-3. Furthermore, we will be working with the children to develop their sense of social injustice so they will be equipped to be Courageous Advocates.
- Evaluate our assessment strategies so information is used to inform the quality of teaching within lessons and across the week, term and academic year.